Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday 3.10: Emom Oly's

Thursday. Emom, snatches, 5 reps @ 50kg, for 6min. Emom, clean & jerk, 6 reps @ 60kg, for 5min.

Felt like I was prepared for the session I had planned earlier: every minute on the minute training for olympic lifts. Concentrating purely on bar work, doing high rep workouts in rather short time domain. Session was a bit shorter, mobilizing my joints in the beginning to get warmed up, then snatches and clean & jerks.




Strength. Oly lifts
  • Every minute on the minute:
  • Power snatch, 5 reps @ 50kg, for 6 minutes (total 30 reps)
  • 5min rest
  • Clean & jerk, 6 reps @ 60kg, for 5 minutes (total 30 reps)

It was perfect this time. In some vague way you could say I did 2 benchmark workouts: Isabel first, followed by Grace. Well, the times were clearly slower than if going all in with the girls. Still, it required mental toughness to finish the sets unbroken, with good pace and style. I wanted these type of workouts where you have to move semi-heavy barbell quickly and for good amount of reps.

On the snatches the bar felt heavier compared to clean & jerks. Snatch obviously ain't one of my strengths. Lately I have been focusing on the bar path from thighs to overhead. I believe it's coming up way closer than earlier, which is nothing but a good thing. I'm able to pull back my upper body to let some room for the bar to travel upwards in a vertical line. There's a lot to do still, and the work will never end but I think I've developed in this sense. The reps started to get heavy in the middle and the last 1-2 reps on last 2-3 sets were challenging. Had to bend my knees a bit more on those reps.

Clean & jerks were easier. Mostly it put more pressure on my grip strength and lung capacity. It took 20 seconds to complete those 6 reps. That means to say I did the workout in 4.20 by resting 30-40 sec between sets. That creates a lot of positive thoughts for future as I think about how well I could do with benchmark workout Grace. My current PR is 3.48, done back in April. It might be time to repeat the workout some day this year. Don't get me wrong, of course it hurt like hell after the emom training, especially as there were 30 snatches plus those 30 c&j's. Good training session, me likey!






No comments:

Post a Comment