Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday 24.10: Clean and jerk, clean metcon

Thursday. Strength, clean & jerk triples (max 85kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 5 power clean (60kg), 10 push-ups, 20 double unders. Time about 5.15-ish.

Getting back to barbell work. Olympic lifting through clean & jerks. Completed triples and worked towards a heavy set. Then after a short break I reloaded the barbell to 60kg and started on my metcon of power cleans, push-ups and du's. Good and short one.



Strength. Clean & jerk 3-3-3-3-3 (60, 70, 75, 80, 85kg). Love 'em! C&J's are my thang. Important and all-around movement that I believe everybody should learn to incorporate into their training. It's difficult to find a movement that's

Worked up towards a heavy set of triple. Did push jerks on the first 2-3 sets. On the last 2-3 sets I took on my split jerk skills and edged the jerks that way. Got the set of 80kg done with one grip without having to adjust it. The last rep @ 80kg was tough. But I was happy to do touch'n'go with as heavy bar as this was. On the last set - set of 85kg - I had to bring the bar down after 2 reps, reset and complete the 3rd rep.

It was exceptional that I did this heavy sets with power clean. Usually I take squat cleans in to the game somewhere between 70-80kg. Today I had decided to do every clean as power clean. My legs are pretty torn up due to this weeks squats and leg work in general. Very good c&j work today. And I have to say it felt superb as some guys training next to me were giving compliments at the gym =)





Metcon. Time around 5.15
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5 power cleans, 60kg
  • 10 push-ups
  • 20 double unders
Had intentions about doing this as 15min amrap. Must say it would have been a nightmare. Luckily my dear girlfriend needed to leave earlier so I had to cut some time off from this workout. It would have been very tough to do something like 10+ rounds of these 3 movements.

I was feeling tired during the metcon. Guess I should have done quicker with this one. It should have been a quick run, nail the reps and move on. Completed every movement unbroken on the workout. Don't know what was the most challenging part. All moves were done as they should be done. Maybe it was just the "thing" that was missing there, the fire in the soul that needs to be there to keep the juice flowing. Maybe my body was simply tired and I couldn't overcome that mentally. Should have been a piece of cake, just focus on the movement at hand. Still, I'm happy I did every movement perfectly without mistakes, good rhythm all the way =)


Here's some skill work





No comments:

Post a Comment