Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday 26.12: Outdoor metcon

Friday. Metcon, 30-20-10 of: kb swing (32kg), medball clean (9kg), burpee. Time, 9.30. Skills, medball oh lunges.

A little boxing day action. Went for a walk with the crew for couple of kilometers, then hit a workout at the yard. Classic stuff, kb and wb, add some burpees and you have a good  cocktail!

Metcon. Time, 9.30
30-20-10 of:
Kettlebell swing, 32kg
Medball clean, 9kg
Burpee

This is how it turned out. Purpose of the workout? Short and intense. General physical preparedness. Because I usually tend to go to the gym, I love it so much to go to the nature and do work. The surroundigs are so much more inspiring. I need to get to the windowless gym on a steady basis, I couldn't live without having the possibility to lift heavy. But the thing is it's a great variance and outdoors is the only place where I have the possibility to play around with kettlebells and wall balls because there aren't none at my gym. That's one feature I'm missing compared to a regular crossfit affiliate.

This wornout was exactly what I planned it to be. Intense. Got all kettlebells unbroken and to my surprise they weren't even that bad. I just remembered yesterday's burn in forearms and was waiting for that feeling. Well okay let's remember it was only a total of 60 reps. That forearm burn comes from lots of reps.

Medball cleans hit me with a curveball. I thought I would surf them through easily and it would be easiest of all three elements. How little did I know. They were the toughest. Only 9kg ball but my legs were shaking. On the first round I did 3x10. Second round maybe 10-5-5, and the last set 5-5, with just a 2 second drop between.

Burpees were, well u know, burpees. It's the same old heart-warming movement that takes breath away. But there's not feally a good reason to stop moving. Just keep on grinding :)

Great to have these kind of possibilities to go out and play with fitness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment