Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday 11.12: Mainsite workout from 6.12

Thursday. Metcon, 20min amrap of: 10 c2b, 20 squat (42.5kg), 30 du. Result, 425 reps.

Today was Pauliina's official graduation party at the university so we put on our best clothes in the afternoon and went to celebrate the occasion with her parents. Lots of festivities and definitely worth dressing up =) I sneaked to the gym earlier for a quick workout. Took short warm-ups because this was mostly bodyweight stuff. Just needed to get joints and muscles ready for the workout. Lately there have been awesome wods in the mainsite crossfit.com. I took this one from there, dating back to 6.12.2014.




Metcon. Result, 425 reps (7rds + 5 pull-ups)
  • 20 min amrap of:
  • 10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
  • 20 back squat, 42.5kg
  • 30 double unders
This was a good rival to the other mainsite workout of rowing and dumbbell snatching. For some reason this won. I wanted to get pull-ups done so this was rather easy to pick. My result was 7 full rounds + 5 c2b pull-ups. This was a long metcon and I knew once again there is no reason to start running back and forth in the beginning. That would have only brought fatigue alongside.

On the c2b's I went 6-4 for up to 4-5 rounds. From then on it was 6-2-2, and the 8th round I had time to finish 5 reps in the last seconds of the workout. These were tough but still, I've developed a lot on this move. This brought me no problems even though they burned my upper body.





Have you done 42.5kg (95lbs) back squats? I don't remember ever having done them at this light weight. They caught me by surprise. Okay, I realized beforehand they must be challenging because otherwise they wouldn't exist on crossfit.com workouts. These wods always kick ass, and this was no exception. Each set of back squats was heavy on my legs.

I got them done unbroken without dropping the bar at any point. I took the bar tom ground every round. On the first round I did 10 reps, then caught my breath and completed a set of 5, more breath and another set of 5 reps. From then on it was 5-5-4-3-3 with short pause on top. But never did I drop the bar before 20 reps were done. That would have been a dork move strategically.


Start of the metcon


Double unders would have suited perfectly for me but there's obviously someone who has thought through this workout beforehand and who has wanted that legs are smashed from the squats before you got to move on to double unders. It's not so cool to jump around with stiff legs. But I got them pretty okay because there was only one miss during the workout, it was on the 5th round.

Great workout! I always love the mainsite wods. There's something in those workouts. Entire body is getting crushed each and every time.




No comments:

Post a Comment