Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Tuesday 23.12: FGB, Cleans, Row

Tuesday. Fight Gone Bad, result 340 reps. Clean emom x 10min: 5 hang power clean (60kg). Row, 30sec on, 30sec off, for 10min. Distance, 1.724m

It was a slowmo day at work so I sneaked to the gym much earlier than normally. Everybody was leaving for Christmas naturally. It's a great time of the year, at least I love to spend couple of days with family and my baby.

1. Fight Gone Bad
3rds of:
1min wall ball, 10kg
1min sumo deadlift high pull, 35kg
1min box jump
1min push press, 35kg
1min row for calories.
Result, 340 reps (PR)

Thia ia something I look as much forward as Fran :) One of the nastiest benchmark workouts there are in my opinion. For some reason today my feeling wasn't as miserable as normally but still it's not climbing up the ladder to my favorite wods. My work ethic was good. Very solid effort each round. Got 112 reps on the first round and 114 reps on both of the remaining rounds. Last time I did fgb I might have stayed below 300 reps.

There's no possibility to throw wall ball at our gym because the ceiling is too low. Instead I used 10kg plate and simulated the movement pattern. Didn'tdo juat thrusters with that but as I came up I pushed tge plate up in the air so that my shoulders shaked each time. As if I was throwing the ball. And once my hands were straight up I stayed there for a while as if I was catching the ball again.

Each element was tough and had its own dark moment during the workout

2. Hang power clean
5x10 reps @ 50kg

Took these just for fun. Had to rest for a while after fgb but then again I laid my hands in a barbell and completed couple of sets to work on my technique and explosiveness

3. Emom x 10min
5 hang power clean, 60kg

Those 50kg cleans felt good and I needed to get my sweat back in so I turned it to emom workout and added some weight. No problems, this wasn't that heavy either. This was more like technique work too.

4. Row
30sec on, 30sec off, for 10min
Result, 1.724m

Toni has talked about this constantly lately so I figured to trh it out. I've done these 30/30 a lot in the past but it's been a long time. I kept the pace at sub 1.40 pace all the way

5. Mobility

Shoulders were highlighted on this section. Food session!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment