Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday 14.12: Front squats

Sunday. Front squat 10x3 (across 110kg).

It's day of the floorball world championships! Great day to watch some quality floorball. Finland is playing agains Sweden, it's a repeat from 2 years ago. That time Sweden crushed Finland but the 2 finals before that were ours to win. Now that the game is over I'll have to inform our beloved neighbor took the brightest medals back home. It was a great game though!!! Awesome fight. I went to do front squat triples in the afternoon. Quick squats and then sports from TV.

Milko Tokola, Finnish weighlifter


Strength.
  • Front squat 10x3
  • All sets at 110kg

Lots of squat triples with 110kg. I was in a hurry to drive back to see the game so I sped these sets up. It took me only 20 minutes to push through all 10 sets. That means it was more like an emom training =) One set in every 2 minutes.

This weight felt rather heavy on front rack position as I stepped up and back from the rack but once I dropped down to a full squat it was okay load to handle. It was awesome to see this weight was by no means intimidating. I went almost like t'n'g on all sets. Just a short pause on top to catch a breath, then continued the path back down.

Front squats

Looking forward to smashing some more heavier weights in the near future. Last night's sleep was not the best because we were celebrating Katri's graduation late at night. That's the reason why I dropped metcon from today's program. I had written down a combination of rowing, thrusters and toes-to-bar. That would have been a killer!




No comments:

Post a Comment