Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday 20.7: Snatch emom, C2b, Ohs, Burpee

Monday. Snatch emom x 20min (max 57kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 6 c2b, 8 ohs (40kg), 10 burpee.

This body really feels beaten up. Huh, but I sure love to drive to the gym, do my thing and smile. For the morning session my intentions concerned snatches. Wanted to do them in a similar way as the clean and jerks yesterday. Emom work as singles. Then I went for a short metcon. In the evening we went for a recovery walk in the woods.



Snatch.
  • Every minute on the minute x 20 minutes
  • 1 snatch
  • 5x45, 5x50, 5x55, 5x57kg
No misses. And these felt surprisingly good. I did some mental prepping for this snatch session. I saw myself lifting perfect reps in my mind, and figured out the bar paths a lot beforehand. Maybe that helped or not, but this one got me a good mood for sure. Focused on pulling slowly from the ground, and bringing the bar as high as possible before extending my hips and dropping under.

First weights were light at 45kg. My plan was to increase the loading every 5 minutes, same as yesterday. I have once lifted 70kg in my life in the snatch so comparing to that, these were something between 70-82% of 1rm. In real life I would probably lift something like 65kg or a little more if I tried the max lift.


Snatches

Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 6 chest-to-bar pull-ups
  • 8 overhead squat, 40kg
  • 10 burpee
I couldn't put all in effort on this one as my legs were not feeling super happy. That reflected on the entire body. Went unbroken on each element. I just worked through, and the thing I put my thoughts on was the depth of the ohs. I went clearly below parallel, forced myself to do that. It was easier after the snatches as hips were loose enough at this point.



This got emotional



No comments:

Post a Comment