Sunday, May 1, 2016

Saturday 30.4: Rope, Snatch, Wb, Run, Pull-ups

Saturday. AM. Intervals, every 3:00 for 5 sets, perform 3 rope climbs + 10 db snatch @ 25kg. Metcon, 5rds of: 15 wb, 400m run. PM. Gymnastics, 50 strict pull-ups

It was an awesome weekend to celebrate the First of May in Klaukkala. As you can get a clue from the pictures and videos there is plenty of space to workout and especially in the spring and summer time there's nothing that can beat working outdoors in my opinion.




Intervals.
  • Every 3:00 for 5 sets
  • 3 rope climbs + 10 snatch @ 25kg dumbbell
This was quite a combo of movements. This is the only place where I can get my hands on a rope for climbing purposes so it's quite rare to attack them. It's a pity since rope climbs are a killer movement and it would definitely improve my overall fitness if I had them more often. I took couple of climbs and then right away more snatches. Holy moses the heart beat and numbness in my upper body.






Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 15 wall ball shots
  • 400m run (approximately)
This second metcon took place right after the first one. I had left my wall ball at this place previous time so it was time to dig it up from the warehouse. The weather was simply perfect for outdoors training, there's no doubt about it. Felt like taking my shirt off as it was so hot in the sun. First time this warm in the spring.

Wall balls were unbroken and the focus was on minimizing the transitions from wall balls to run and vice versa. I'm very happy on the outcome actually. It didn't take much to get legs going.






Gymnastics.
  • 50 strict pull-ups
In the evening I went outdoors to the terrace to clean up my equipment and decided to take advantage of the situation and completed 50 strict pull-ups. Not for time, just for quality. Felt great to get those in the books too.





No comments:

Post a Comment