Friday, May 6, 2016

Thursday 5.5: Deadlifts, Bench, Pull-ups

Thursday. Deadlift 5x8 (up to 150kg). Wod, 1-10 bench @ 70kg and pull-ups.

Meathead day. Went to the gym very late in the evening but was anxious to get some pulling done. Then I stole the idea for the metcon from one training partner Lauri who just finished something like this one week ago.



Strength.
  • Deadlift 5x8 (130, 140, 150, 150, 150kg)
It's literally been months since I've pulled from the ground seriously. Maybe deads have been part of metcons but big weights have been non-existing. There's no real reason for that. Maybe it's because my palms tend to get really sore on deadlifts. It's never an issue of hamstrings nor back giving up. It's always about the hands. I get rips and tears from the barbell for some reason.



Metcon. For quality
  • 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 reps of:
  • Bench press @ 70kg
  • Strict pull-ups
The previous day was 75 pull-ups but this time I did them strict with supinated grip. That's a rarity for me basically. Thought it would be a good idea to throw them in the mix too every now and then. I got the pull-ups completed unbroken all but the damned last rep =)

My thoughts were optimistic that bench might be ub as well but that did not happen. I recall it was on the 8th round that I had to complete them 5-3 and then the last two rounds were cut too.




No comments:

Post a Comment