Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday 15.5: Bench press

Sunday. Bench press 10x3 reps (up to 90kg).

Yesterday's work got to me, at least to some point. Body feels surprisingly good considering we ramped up the volume pretty big time. It was by far the heaviest Triplet physically this far. Something we would not have been able to complete like that before. My body cramped up in the evening. Both forearms and lats seized me in the evening when I tried to get my butt off the couch =) Woke up three times during the night to the toilet as I had drunk liters of water during the day. I was also hungry during the night and sneaked to the fridge at some point.

Perfect spring day at Cafe Regatta


Strength.

  • Bench press 10x3 (70, 74, 77, 80, 84, 87, 90, 85, 85, 85kg)

Decided to take it easy today. Went to the gym and did mobility for some time, and then went benching. Definitely didn't wanna go to real heavy weights. Just simply built up to a nice triple at 90kg. Body is okay, it's just generally a bit beaten all over the place.

90kg


My left shin and ankle have burn marks from the rope climbs. It was good to get some strength piece in for today. I'm sure this made my recovery better and smoother compared to if I had done nothing instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment