Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday 31.1: Cleans

Thursday. 5-4-3-2-1: 2-position cleans (from ground + hang clean), 60kg, for quality.

I had ambitious goal to go for cleans. It's been a while since I last time did them, same with clean & jerks and presses. Hammer on 2nd January was previous day including cleans. All because of my elbows that have been taken too much hit. For a long time I thought it's because of crossfit but lately I've noticed it screams more because of my floorball training. Anyway, this week has been different. I was able to do Barbara on Monday, including 100 pull-ups during the workout, snatches have felt good and today I was able to do cleans nicely. It felt good!!!

Ab wheels, Toni

Cleans. For quality.
  • 5-4-3-2-1
  • 2-position cleans (from ground + hang clean), 60kg
2-position cleans (from ground + hang clean)

It felt so good to do cleans. I have always enjoyed the movement a lot. It's demanding, explosive and strong movement and I'm "all in" with my heart with the cleans. Hope I can do them consistently in the future. Can't wait to do clean & jerks, probably the most demanding and rewarding movement of them all!

Before I started my workout I took a few sets with 60kg and lighter weights and tried out regular cleans, hang cleans and squat cleans, a bit of a mixture of various cleans. It was natural, the tracks and form felt like they should be, and considering how long it's been since previous cleans, I can do nothing but be proud of my upper body this time. Intentionally I stayed at 60kg today not to stress my elbows too much.

My workout was 2-position cleans, which means holding on to the bar continuously and completing a set of two cleans, the first one from ground and the second from knee level as hang clean. Thus, two cleans build up to one rep. My rounds were 5-4-3-2-1. As thinking about the total amount of repetitions, it's 10-8-6-4-2. Each round hold on to the bar without loosing your grip on the bar

I liked this one. It was tough on my pressing power but I made it through. I believe there was one rep that didn't go as I planned so I had to retry it. Other than that, I went by the plan. Looking forward already for the next clean day!

Cashout. To the end I took 50 push-ups + 50 sit-ups as fast as possible, just for fun.

Toni's workout. Time 9.01

  • 3 rounds of
  • 10 power cleans, 60kg
  • 20 push-ups
  • 30 double unders

His main ingredient was also cleans. Ten reps each round, adding push-ups and double unders to the play. Total time 9.01. Below you'll see his last round of cleans.

Toni's last round of cleans


Toni's cashout. Handstand training + ab wheel + 50 air squats.

1 comment:

  1. Still lots of work to be done in my cleans. I really need to get those elbows up properly.

    ReplyDelete