Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday 19.4: Snatch EMOM, ring skills

Friday. EMOM for 12 minutes, 4 snatches, 50kg. Ring skills. Cashout. cycling and sit-ups.

Those Wednesday's hang squat cleans still hurt my upper back, it was a veery good workout! I did today's workout in a similar way. In addition there were ring skills included and some cycling to finish it. Toni is on a leave so he didn't wake up 7.00 in the morning to workout. Instead, he headed to a local gym in the afternoon.


Workout.
  • Every minute on the minute for 12 minutes
  • 4 snatches, 50kg
I'm very pleased for being able to lift 4x50kg snatches every minute for 12 minutes. That totals for 48 snatches. The CF Open 13.1 was an eye-opener for me. I still remember the feeling of having 60kg on the barbell, 7.5kg over my max load. It was a huge mental barrier to overcome but I nailed it 6 times in the competition. After that single workout I've been able to do sets with the same weight that was my max load prior to the Games. That feeling is simply awesome!

Today's workout was a mixture of strength training and metcon, as are all EMOM-workouts. It takes about 20 seconds to finish those reps and you have 40sec to recover. That means you are able to recover but heart still beats clearly faster than normally.

I was able to do all sets unbroken without losing grip of the barbell. Naturally towards the end it came heavier but still manageable.

Ring skills 2rnft.
  • 2 rounds not for time
  • 30sec invert hold
  • 10 ice cream makers
  • 30sec L-sit hold
  • 10 toes-to-rings
After the snatch workout I played with the rings to get more natural with them and to improve skill level and ring grip strength. It didn't take long before forearms started to fire up. This was not a timed workout. I took my time while transfering between movements. Was able to do those hold movements unbroken as well. There were not many reps in this one but still I felt the burden in my forearms. Maybe those snatches had something to do with it.

Cashout.
  • 5min cycling
  • 100 sit-ups
  • 5min cycling
To finish the training day I stepped up to the stationary bike and started moving. 5 min on, then 100 sit-ups in a row and another set of cycling.

Toni's new crossfit shoes

Toni's workouts. Strength elements, not looking for maxes.

  • Hang clean 5x5, 60kg
  • Couple sets of deadlift, 100kg
  • Bench press 5-5-5-5-2 (70, 70, 80, 90, 100kg)
  • Dips 5x5

No comments:

Post a Comment