Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday 1.4: Front squat, metcon

Monday. Front squat 5x3 (max 115kg). 1/2 DT.

Feeling better and better every day. Still not fully recovered so taking it a bit easier. Agenda included front squats (not aiming to reach max loads), then a metcon that's about half DT, which is one of the benchmark hero workouts in crossfit.



Strength. Front squat 5x3 (100, 100, 110, 110, 115kg). I felt very good with these weights and it boosted my front squat confidence. The depth of my squat was good and I was able to keep elbows high and thus nice form.

Metcon. 1/2 DT. Originally this wod is 5rds with 70kg.
  • 3 rounds of
  • 12 deadlift
  • 9 hang power clean
  • 6 push jerk
  • 60kg on the bar
Didn't want to go as fast as possible but still keeping a steady pace and having semi-heavy breathing constantly. Deadlifts with 60kg naturally ain't bad, then continuing to hang power cleans is difficult to do unbroken so I broke it to 5 reps, then 3 and after the last (9th) rep I completed all 6 jerks unbroken. This was the strategy each round and I managed to follow it all the way.

Cashout.
  • 3 rds of:
  • 10 Toes-to-bar
  • 10 Ab wheels
  • 10 (5/5) Pistols
Something cool in the end, abs and pistols. Haven't done pistols in a while. They're awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to get back to the box tomorrow. I think my shoulder is okay now and I'm ready to do some hard work. Tomorrow I'm going after C & J and squats.

    ReplyDelete