Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday 18.4: Interval training

Thursday. For 30min, 2min cycling, 2min rowing.

Rest day turned in to interval training. I was supposed to take it easy but I'm a weak man to say no to training. Pauliina asked me to come workout with her so I had no other choice but to grab my training gear and head to the gym!

Workout. For 7 full rounds and 1/2 round on top of that for total of 30min.

  • For 30 min
  • 2min cycling (800m)
  • 2min rowing (550m)

The goal was to keep a steady pace in both cycling and rowing. I'm happy with the pace I was able to keep. It was somewhere around 1.45-1.48 when rowing, the distance was 540-570m each round. After 7 rounds I did one extra round with 1min cycling and 1min rowing to make it 30 minutes. Then the pace when rowing was about 1.39.

That totals for 4150m rowing and somewhere around 6.000m cycling. I tried to keep the transition short and didn't count those seconds to the 2min work periods so the total time of the workout was more than 30min, the efficient work time was exactly 30min.


No comments:

Post a Comment