Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday 13.7: Muscle-ups, pull-ups, push-ups

Saturday. Metcon. 5 muscle-ups, 100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups.

Bodyweight action was in program for today. How awesome is it to workout at the beach after sunrise, c'mon! Temperature wasn't too hot yet even though it was a clear blue sky and sun was shining to it's fullest.

My metcon included playing with the pull-up bar I told yesterday, extremely thick, I have troubles in finding a proper grip. Can't wrap my fingers all the way around it so that was definitely a good variation to regular pull-up bar.

I completed 5 single muscle-ups and then staryed doing pull-ups, all 100 of them before entering to 100 push-ups. Did the pull-ups in sets of 10 up to 50 reps I suppose. From there on, I followed a 6+4 strategy to the finish. Did them mostly palms facing away from me except for 2 sets in the beginning having palms facing me.

Pull-ups went in sets of 10 reps, then catching some breath and completing another set. A good morning workout and it was spectacular to dive in the ocean afterwards and reward myself in the cool Mediterranean sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment