Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday 11.7: Handstand walk and push presses

Thursday. Handstand walk training. Push press, emom 3 reps @ 70kg for 10min.

Another day at Eltsu, a traditional track and field location in Helsinki. It's the warm-up track for IAAF World Championship in Athletics, a beautiful place and it shines the athleticism gloriously. Half of the training is even to be at that place =) I did handstand hold and handstand walk for 12 minutes, then moved on to work more on my shoulders. Push press emom training, repeated it from last Friday.



Handstand walk. I really feel like I'm each time taking steps forward in my progression towards handstand walk. I was able to stay inverted for 10-15 seconds a few times. That's incredibly rewarding as this movement seemed very difficult at first and being able to walk upside down seemed like a very distant dream. However, my keeping it on the schedule on a regular basis, watching videos from crossfit sites, I've been able to translate this into my new skill as well. Extremely glad!


Handstand walk

Handstand walk back and forth =)


Push press. Compare to 5.7.2013.

  • Push press, every minute on the minute (emom)
  • 3 reps @ 70kg for 10 minutes
  • Max effort on the last round

Yes, I did this one a week ago. Then, I completed the first round with 60kg, 2nd and 3rd with 65kg and the rest with 70kg. And I had some troubles with the last rounds, it was rather heavy. Today I started off with 70kg and went all the way without changing anything. I felt strong. Of course I started to feel the burden but still had some energy left on the last round. I decided to try max effort on the 10th minute and complete as many reps as possible unbroken. I got 5 reps and the sixth failed to lock out.


God damned this has been a good training week. I'm very happy for the results and workouts I've had the possibility to complete. Yesterday I had the chance to get together with Toni and Marko, it's always a boost when you have training partners with you. I've been on a summer holiday so it has given me these options to workout in places that are fully booked after office hours.



In the evening we are flying to southern Spain together with Pauliina to spend a week with her parents. Barbells are nowhere near by so got to stay imaginative with bodyweight workouts. I'm definitely going to chill out and rest as well. I don't remember a time when I had 2 rest days in a row. Let's see what it's like to train in 30-36 degrees, huh… I know there's a pull-up bar and my father-in-law has seen some guys doing crossfit workouts on the beach, pulling sled and stuff, interesting!





No comments:

Post a Comment