Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday 23.7: Hang snatches, squat metcon, cleans

Tuesday. 10 x (2 hang squat snatches + 2 overhead squats @ 40kg). Metcon, 20 back squats (100kg), 20 ohs (50kg). Time 7.01. Perform 15 perfect hang squat cleans for quality.

Playing with barbells. Lots of them. First the snatch and ohs technique training, then an all-in metcon with squats. Finally going after perfect hang squat cleans. My bro Sipa did exactly the same workouts with me. Toni had to leave earlier so he skipped the last one. Workouts were the same, weights varied a little.

Pony

Snatches. Squat snatches & ohs

  • 10 x (2 hang squat snatches + 2 overhead squats)
  • Weight @ 40kg all sets

This was the third time I was doing this workout. Today I added the element of additional overhead squats after snatches. I need to get familiar with the position holding barbell over my head. This is a good practice for that purpose, very good one. I still have some technical issues but it's getting better. On my last 2 sets I realized there's no point pulling the bar too high if you're about to squat snatch it. If it goes too high, it's more difficult to stabilize it on the way down. If you pull it just where you need to pull it, the bar rest on the correct position already. Does it make any sense?

I was almost adding weight on the barbell in the end but then reminded myself this workout is focusing on technique, no need to find heavy weights. Had no misses in this one. Rather ok doing.




Here's one set of Sipa's snatches from the beginning of the training session. Looks solid, I'd say!



Metcon. Time 7.01

  • 20 back squats, 100kg
  • 20 overhead squats, 50kg


One miss. That's the thing I remember from this workout. I had 3 reps left on the overhead squats and I dropped the bar. That really went under my skin. On the next try I was able to finish it though. There are no videos in this cave and I guess I don't know it by feel how deep I go if I don't see it. Seems to me there were lot of shallow depth in both back squat and ohs. Well, no need to look back that much, I'll rather focus on tomorrow's workouts. Take a look at the workout below. I had 100 & 50kg on one barbell. Toni used two different ones, weights were 80 & 30 and he beat with over 2min I suppose, heard Sipa saying 4.33 on the video.




Cleans. For quality, weights between 60-80kg

  • Perform 15 perfect hang squat cleans
  • Weights 3x60, 3x65, 3x70, 5x75, 1x80kg

This is my cup of tea. I love squat cleans, no matter are they pulled from the ground or from hang position. I'd do them any day. We took singles together with Sipa, alternating, taking a look at each other's technique. In the end Sipa took some triples to finish 15 reps, I went on with singles all the way, adding weights on the way. Started with mere 60kg, then 5kg steps all the way to 75kg. I believe I've hang cleaned 70-75kg at max so I wanted to try 80kg and had no problems in getting a rep. That's positive!



I realized today that I need to work on my squat technique a lot. My knees tend to lean too much forward, over my ankles. Have some mobility issues in my hips still, even though it's got a lot better. That forces me to keep my stance narrow and that such stabile. My ankles also pronate too much inwards. Have to find a place to sit down in the hole, more comfortable than currently. Regularly my depth is good, today I didn't find it easy to watch my performance afterwards.

Looking forward to tomorrow, it's gonna be another tough training day. Hopefully my body is receptive as well and eager to workout. Yesterday's bench really felt today in my chest and shoulders.



No comments:

Post a Comment