Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday 7.7: Handstand training

Sunday. Handstand training.

This Sunday is the rest day of the week. It's a hot day so we headed to cool off to a lake. The water was probably somewhere around 18 degrees so it felt cold when entering there. No chance to enter the waterline easily, had to run and dive to shock the body. It's easier this way, and after a while it wasn't so cold anymore =) It was the first time this summer swimming if you don't count a pool at the swimming stadium. At the end of next week we are heading to Spain with Pauliina so more swimming is definitely ahead!



Handstand. I wasn't supposed to workout today. Just about 10 minutes handstand training. The field was perfect for this purpose so it was very hard not to utilize the possibility. At times I found stability very well, taking into consideration my skill level. I'm getting better and that's very inspiring! Most of the times I'm falling back to where I started from after a few seconds. I recon it's because I don't have the guts to let my legs go forward enough over my head. That's why my legs start to fall back to where they came from. At that point it's difficult to stop the fall with the core/arms. Sometimes I manage that, sometimes don't.



I'm getting more and more confident and natural being inverted with free hand standing without the help of walls. In the beginning I tried to stay balanced and later on the goal was to handstand walk.



Tomorrow I'm gonna meet my bro to do some serious training. I'm having a summer holiday for the next 2 weeks so I'm definitely going to train at places where I don't have the possibility to practice at when working, because of schedules. Looking forward to it!!!


Dusty Hyland teaches some new steps in mastering handstand walk



No comments:

Post a Comment