Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday 3.7: Bodyweight action

Wednesday. Bodyweight action.

Took it easy today. Practically no barbells at all today. Just worked on some split jerk with empty barbell, it's hard to land the feet in perfect position. Probably because I just haven't practiced that movement. Only occasionally. I worked on elbow levers and planche hold. Then some handstand hold agains the wall for time (max hold 1:00) and then tried to let my heels get off the wall and hold my body still.



Mostly this day was not physically taxing except those elbow levers. I definitely felt them in my shoulders. This Prasara Yoga stuff I've learned from Blair Morrison is sick. Looks very easy and is extremely demanding. I have a long way to go before I feel comfortable in those positions. I will still determinedly work on those movements to improve body control. It's tough, excruciating, difficult to learn but still probably very rewarding once you get the hold of it. And I'm sure it not only bodyweight movements but also other movements easier where you handle some weights. And obviously mobility enhances as well.

Wednesday's focus areas.
  • Elbow levers
  • Planche
  • Handstand hold against wall
  • Handstand practice
  • Stretching




Toni's workouts. Shoulder press, emom.
  • Shoulder press, 50kg
  • Emom for 12 min, 3-5reps
  • 5-5-5-5-3-3-3-3-3-4-4-5

 



1 comment:

  1. I added a video Toni posted on his youtube channel concerning his training on Wednesday. Take a look at some slow-motion action

    ReplyDelete