Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday 25.7: Muscle-ups, handstand

Thursday. Skills day: Muscle-ups & handstand skills.

Almost took a day off but in the evening I realized there's no reason for that. Changed my training clothes on and headed to the nearby park for some skills training. I'm happy I did it! It was about time to do some muscle-ups. Toni went to the gym in the morning to do 2 workouts.

Muscle-ups. I took a few sets. Did some pull-ups to warm-up, then a single muscle-up, felt good to do them in a normal muscle-up bar. I did mu's 10 reps when I was in Spain but the pull-up bar was so thick I couldn't wrap my fingers around it. It was cool to have a regular grip this time. Felt totally different. The thick bar was a good variation, no doubt.

On the first set I did 3 reps, then 4 (PR) and finally 3 reps. Total of 11 reps for this evening. My legs didn't swing that much apart from each other on the pull-stage as before. At least it felt like I was able to swing myself higher and got landed there in a better position. I was supposed to bring a rubber band with me so I could have wrapped it around my ankles. With the help of that I would have practiced high pulls and forced my legs to stay together. Next time I'll try to bring it with me.




Handstand. Also some handstand training to accompany the muscle-ups.




Toni's strength.
  • Tabata deadlift, 110kg.
  • Result. 5, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 reps. Total of 16 reps

Toni's metcon. Result 5 rounds
  • 18min amrap of:
  • 15 box jumps 61cm
  • 9 push press, 52.5kg
  • 9 toes-to-bar

No comments:

Post a Comment