Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday 15.7: Ohs, Bar Mu, Box

Friday. Ohs 7x3 @ 60kg. Emom x 10min: odd min 5 bar mu, even min 15 box jumps.

Haven't done overhead squats in a while. My wrists usually don't like it that much. It's probably due to the wider grip. It feels difficult to go heavy on this movement because of that. After ohs I worked on some skills and box jumps.


Oly.
  • Overhead squats 7x3 @ 60kg
Towards the end I narrowed my grip and it felt better and better with each set. Before I haven't found it possible to go this narrow. My shoulder mobility has prevented it. For some reason it was much better today. It felt better in pretty much everywhere to go narrower. Got to try it out in the future as well. Stayed conservative on the weights as I wrote because of the wrists. They are fine normally but this is the only movement which feels awkward in there.



Workout.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • Odd minutes, 5 bar muscle-ups
  • Even minutes, 15 box jumps (max reps on the last minute: 32 reps)
Muscle-ups needed to be done. There was no doubt about it. Just need to throw something in the mix so it wouldn't be just mu's. Emom wod seemed like a great idea, and it was. Five bar muscle-ups every other minute and then box jumps every other minute. On the last minute I did some more boxes than on the previous rounds.





No comments:

Post a Comment