Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday 27.7: 30min amrap

Wednesday. Metcon, 30min amrap of: 300m run, 10 burpee, 15 box, 20 wb. Result, 7rds + 100m run.

Got a chance to hit a workout with a bunch of guys at Crossfit Kehä. Toni had pulled some strings and there ended up to be 5 studs working towards the same goal. Improving overall fitness with the boys.



Metcon. Result, 7 rounds + 100m run
  • 30min amrap of:
  • 10 burpees
  • 15 box jumps
  • 20 wall ball shots
Long workout with heavy breathing from quite early on. First round went by without that much blood and tears. Maybe on the second or third round I started to count a little that wait a minute, this is gonna take something like 7 rounds before the 30 minutes are full.


It felt like it's gonna be a long workout as it felt bad already before 10 minutes were full. I'm very happy on being able to maintain my pace throughout the workout, even with that gnarly feeling. I went unbroken on all bodyweight movements. Maybe the transitions from burpees to box jumps, and box jumps to wall balls grew a little towards the end but run was probably pretty much the same and I dropped directly to burpees when I came back in from the run.

Some forecasts said it's the hottest day this summer so it wasn't a surprise it was a bit sticky running outside. It wasn't easy to breath compared to a crispy autumn air. It was kinda intimidating to throw down with a bunch of dudes for the same workout as I have used to do metcons by myself, and against only myself. Especially as I knew there was one masters-aged guy who has been dominating the scene in competitions. However, it was a blast to hit the workout with them!





No comments:

Post a Comment