Friday, July 15, 2016

Thursday 14.7: Cleans for 30 minutes

Thursday. Emom x 30min: cleans @ 85kg.

Today's agenda was stolen directly from weightlifting101. That is Sara Sigmundsdottir's and Björgvin Gudmundsson's coach that posts sick workouts to instagram on a daily basis of what he uses to best develop his athletes. This workout stuck to my head right away and I understood this is something I need to perform.



Oly.

  • Every minute on the minute x 30 minutes
  • 1st min: 1 clean
  • 2nd min: 2 cleans
  • 3rd min: 3 cleans
  • Barbell @ 70-75% (=85kg)
  • Not allowed to go touch'n'go
  • You have to take the bar down and reset the starting position but without ever losing grip. Drop only after the last rep of each set
  • Last minute you have to do as many reps as possible, minimum of 3 reps

That means to say it was 1, 2 or 3 reps depending on the minute. 1-2-3-1-2-3…etc. Last minute was max reps. The weight was written to be 70-75% so I came up with 85kg which is pretty much 72-73% of 117kg.

Recap of the last minutes

This worked well for high level sweating too as I didn't have more time for a metcon afterwards. The weight also seemed to be perfect for the workout. I jumped on to this with short warm-up and couple of singles with lower weights. I reasoned this wod starts easy with a single, double and a triple so that would work as my proper warm-up =)

I'm happy on how all cleans went. On the last set that bar felt super heavy. It was a deal breaker to hold on to the barbell. Had I been allowed to drop and reset the bar I would have taken more reps than 6 on the grande finale. My legs felt super weak after the 6th lift. Maybe I was also mentally worn out at that point. There was time but I had to let go of the barbell at that stage. Great barbell workout!



No comments:

Post a Comment