Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Friday 22.7: Barbell Cycling, Bar mu, Lunges

Friday. Squat clean 4x5 @ 80kg. Accessory, 5rds of: 5 bar mu, 10m walking lunges, back rack @ 60kg.

It's been couple of days of hectic life as we have been arranging our upcoming renovation and moving from home to to another place. At the same time the in-laws are moving as well so we've been doing this thing together. I have still found time to workout. It's just been difficult to find time to write them down. It has also been the most important time of the year for crossfitters as the Crossfit Games took place and came to an end on Sunday!

Antti working on some box jumps

Barbell cycling.

  • Squat clean 4x5 @ 80kg
  • Touch'n'go

Huh, this was quite heavy in the morning. Body felt a little stiff even though Thursday was a rest day. Figured that doing these tng would benefit me in the long run. The weight was perfect for this morning. I worked with the rings for muscle-ups for couple of tries but those sucked. Couldn't get one. That was a freak show. The straps are meters long that go all the way to the ceiling. I have always worked with short straps that go about one meter over the rings to the ceiling.

It felt great to do the swing at Kehä, especially the back swing as the rings were high enough and there was no risk of feet hitting the ground. Then on the other hand I didn't have the skills to do the transition with these longer straps. It felt awkward all the way.



Accessory.

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5 bar muscle-ups
  • 10m lunges, back rack @ 60kg

I wanted to regain my confidence on the muscle-ups and went to smash them on the pull-up bar =) Couple of unbroken reps, then right onto lunges with a 60kg barbell on my back. After lunges I took my rest before completing another set. Those lunges felt good too. Haven't done lunges with 60kg or more that many time.

Toni did emom of ghd's and bar mu's




No comments:

Post a Comment