Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday 12.8: Hspu, Clean, Push-ups

Friday. Gymnastics, 4 x max reps hspu (max set 24 reps). Accessory, 5rds of: 10 hang power clean @ 60kg, 20 push-ups.

I got inspired to hit couple of sets handstand push-ups. I was also thinking about doing a complex of strict and kipping hspu's but this was the decision this time. The latter part was not a timed workout.



Gymnastics. Total of 62 reps
  • 4 sets of max handstand push-ups
  • Sets 24, 15, 11, 12 reps
On the first set I thought I had nailed a new record as I thought 21-22 reps was previous PR. So after thinking about crushing that one I guess my stomach was full already and didn't have the passion to push through beyond 25 reps. Had I not known that it would have been interesting to see if I could have broken that old record.




Accessory. Not for time
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 hang power clean @ 60kg
  • 20 push-ups
Got to admit my legs were so destroyed from that 10 rounder where I did 10 front squats at 50kg. It hurt bad and it's been difficult to walk, especially stairs. It's even challenging to sit on a toilet seat right now haha :) That's why I took this day's metcon a bit more easily. Got both elements done in unbroken style.




No comments:

Post a Comment