Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sunday 28-31.8: Olympic lifts, Conditioning, Bodyweight

Sunday 28.6 - Wednesday 31.8: Olympic lifts, Conditioning, Bodyweight.

Last weekend we needed to prepare our home for the upcoming move. We finally moved this week's Tuesday. So there's been quite a lot of other stuff called life. Luckily those days have counted when I've had the chance to hit the gym. Unfortunately my gym card for Optimal Performance Center is over now, ended this Wednesday. I've bought some iron from Rogue and waiting to receive those this week.



Sunday.

  • Every minute x 15 minutes: Clean & jerk
  • 5min: 5 reps @ 60kg
  • 5min: 3 reps @ 70kg
  • 5min: 1 rep @ 80kg
  • All sets touch'n'go
No pause at any point, just cycle the barbell. These felt great. There's something cool to move the barbell up and down without breaks.

C&J's emom

  • Wod. Time 5.33
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 10 power clean @ 80kg
  • 10 high box jumps
This combo was tough, no doubt. Both elements took my breath away. Power cleans were not light. Especially for so many reps. I did those in quick singles. I'm very happy how well I got this metcon done even though it felt awful quite soon.





Monday.

  • Oly, jerk from rack 5x3 @ 80kg
Also touch'n'go style, push jerks. I did these every 2:00 but the recovery was enough. Not light for sure, not the heaviest possible but I needed to concentrate well to get these done. A little shaky on some reps in my opinion but still something I was able to manhandle.


Clean / Box metcon

  • Wod. Result, 232 reps (7 rounds + 8 pull-ups)
  • 12min amrap of:
  • 12 pull-ups
  • 20 wall ball shots
Huh, this hurt. Unbroken on the pull-ups for maybe 4-5 rounds. I tried to keep the transitions rather short so that's why I needed to break them in the last rounds. Wall balls were ub for probably 2 rounds, then it was 12-8 for the rest of the way.




Wednesday.

  • Every minute on the minute x 15 minutes: 1 snatch @ 60kg
It's been a while since doing snatches so it was 'bout time. Decided to do one rep every minute. That seems to be enough recovery to smash another within the time cap. There are things to be worked on so I didn't go heavier.

Snatch emom

  • Gymnastics, 30 bar muscle-ups
This was not a timed workout. Just completed them for quality. It was 6-5-4-4-3-3-3-2. My lats are sore from that 12min amrap of pull-ups and wall balls. Great to be able to do these as well without issues still, even though my volume has been lighter lately.


  • Every minute on the minute x 20 minutes:
  • Odd min, 15 ghd sit-ups
  • Even min, 10 dumbbell snatches @ 25kg, alternating

This was the last day in OPC and I didn't have to hurry as the rest of the family was on the move. I decided to do another workout of core and snatches. It took 25-30 seconds to finish every set on both movements so there was consistency on the board.





No comments:

Post a Comment