Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday 2.11: Rest day

Friday. Rest day

Today I'm going to give my body an earned rest day. It feels good, no sore places and eager to work hard but sometimes I just need to think logically. Give a break to my system so that it is better equipped with to go for the next practice. Only my shins are killing me at the moment. Maybe all the weights I'm carrying all day in different ways are giving a lot of pressure to my legs so they are a bit sensitive at the moment. However, they don't bother me in the training. I don't know if my shins allowed me to run or not. Anyway, lets take it easy today and recover. I'm going to meet the in-laws tonight with Pauliina at an Italian restaurant for a little celebration.

Here are the workouts I've done since previous rest day. There have been quite a number of workouts in between. In addition to this there have been hundreds of double unders during the workouts as well as several rowing kilometers as I intend to row 1k each time for starters.

Thursday 25.11: Active recovery
Friday 26.11: Technique, skills, game day
Saturday 27.11: shoulder press, push press, burpee amrap
Sunday 28.11: back squat, bench press, pull-ups, ring dips
Monday 29.11: front squat, snatch, overhead squat + floorball
Tuesday 30.10: clean & jerk, metcon
Wednesday 31.10: 30min Fry-up a.k.a metcon
Thursday 1.11: bench press, ring skills, metcon

Toni's workout. Bench press, front squat, mobility. Time of the wod: 7.45

  • 10-8-6-4-2
  • Bench press (65kg)
  • Front squat (60kg)


Toni, please correct if I'm wrong but I believe your maxes are around 90kg for bench press and around 100kg for front squat. So these weights are somewhere around 60-70% of your current max. How was the workout in your opinion, how did you do? Where the sets unbroken?

Rob Orlando doing "Sandy", 9-7-5 of 365 lbs back squats and strict handstand push-ups




2 comments:

  1. My pr in front squat is only 82.5 :-). Bech is 90 kg. I did all the sets unbroken but my wrists were burning so I had to rest like 10 seconds before moving on to do bench presses. Maybe next time I will put some extra kilos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can feel those wrists being bent in all kinds of positions. I believe you could put more weights, especially on the bench press, which seems to be one of your strong moves.

    ReplyDelete