Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday 7.11: Presses + floorball

Wednesday. 1k row, shoulder press 5-5-5-2. Mobility. Floorball training in the evening.

My plan was to do some fierce training in the morning. However, I felt it already in the warm-up and rowing that today my body is not gonna make any magic today. I did some training and finally ended up screening Toni's workouts and encouraging him.

Ring push-ups
Strength. Shoulder press 5-5-5-2 (50, 50, 50, 55kg). On the third set of 50kg press my left elbow got sore. On the fourth one (55kg) I felt my juice was gone and the pain increased, only two reps came up. I had high hopes for today so this was definitely a disappointment for me. I still pushed forward with push press for 55kg and 60kg, 3 reps for both of them. Then I called it off. My strength training was over. I only did some mobility for the next half an hour. After one hour it got better, and now in the evening it's all good, luckily =) We had team practice in the evening for 2 hours, I took some burpees, sit-ups, squats, lunges and back extensions before the training.

Toni's workouts. Clean 3-3-3-3 (60, 65, 65, 67.5kg). Metcon, time 16.44.

  • 4 rounds of
  • 20 walking lunges, 20kg bar in front rack position, alternating legs
  • 15 ring push-ups
  • 10 pull-ups


First round of Toni's metcon

He started pull-ups as assisted versions with a rubber band but after 7-8 reps he tossed it away and did the remaining ones without it. That's awesome Toni, 40 pull-ups, that's a lot, probably more than you've ever done! Ring push-ups went unbroken in the first round, and 3x5 in the remaining rounds. Walking lunges seemed to be the easiest of these three moves.




1 comment:

  1. This day was full of joy. My cleans were not that good today but I really liked that metcon. Walking lunges with bar (front rack) was new movement for me and I will definitely keep on doing them. I'm very pleased about my ring-push ups today. I was able to perform them in 5 reps sets. Total reps 60 was something that I can give myself a high five. There were also 40 pull-ups in my metcon so it was not a easy task.

    Tomorrow is a rest day and I will totally enjoy it. These last months i've been training harder than ever and honestly saying now I'm in best shape of my life.

    ReplyDelete