Saturday, May 17, 2014

Friday 16.5: Running metcon

Friday. Metcon, 5rds of: 150m run, 10 sunbed jump-overs, 150m run, 50 du. Finally, 100m swim.

We spent pretty much the entire Thursday at a South Coast Plaza mall about an hour from our place at Redondo Beach. The place was a big one and easily offered several hours of entertainment for us. I was looking to find new metcon shoes and was very close to finding a pair but they lacked my size, doup. On Friday we hung around in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica all day (and night) long. Got a short time period in the morning to squeeze in a workout by the pool.

Metcon.
5 rounds of:
150m run
10 sunbed jump-overs
150m run
50 double unders

I simply love workoing outdoors. Okay, I miss my barbells a lot but this is a great substitute. Bodyweight stuff by the pool. The area is vast so there's plenty of room to play around. I ran the 50m distance 3 times per round, then jumped over sunbeds (have to be creative here), ran 150m again and then completed 150 double unders to reach one full round. Repeated for a total of 5 rounds.

This turned out to be great. A good metcon indeed. Each element got my heart rate up, it was the first time in a while my heart did this much work. It felt good and bad at the same time. The weather had its effect for sure. It's 30+ degrees all the time. Forecast told there was nearly 40º yesterday. It's practically like hanging in a sauna all the time. But we're enjoying every second of it because this is something rare to us.

After workout I jumpes to the pool for a cool down. I swam for 100 meters to recover better

1 comment:

  1. You have been creative again :) Enjoy! You can always find a new way of doing workouts!

    ReplyDelete