Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wednesday 14.5: Handstand, swimming metcon

Wednesday. Metcon, swimming, squats, push-ups.

Third day in California and we're both loving it! Lots of things to be done. We wandered in Beverly Hills, Hollywood and Mulholland Drive in the northern part of the city. Distances are huge, difficult to explain that. A small town finnish guy has trouble understanding it. Even though I've been all around the world, this is undoubtly the biggest place ever. Today we were taking control over the beaches. Manhattan beach, Venice beach and Santa Monica have been seen now. Awesome places!

Skills.
Handstand

In the morning we were hanging at the beaches where I had a good chance to work on my handstand skills. I took quite a lot of attempts on this one. In the beginning it felt a bit awkward as sand is not that solid ground. I actually took some handstand in the very morning at the pool as we went to just check the pool out. There was lots of solid ground available. Anyway, handstand at the beach was a lot of fun!

Metcon.
5rds of:
80m swim
20-30-40-50-60 squats
15-20-25-30-35 push-ups

After our day trip it was time to hit a workout on my own. I got some spare time for crossfit. Decided to utilize the pool because it's a rarity. The pool was 20m in length, so I swam the pool for 4 times in a row, then compeleted 20 squats and 15 push-ups at the same time. I decided to add some reps after each round. It turned out be a great workout. Totalling 125 push-ups, 200 squats, and 400m swimming in which I suck by the way :)

2 comments: