Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday 1.5: Running and kettlebells

Thursday. Metcon, 6 rounds of: 400m run, 15 kb swing, 32kg.

Another outdoor workout in Klaukkala. Yesterday the weather was much more beautiful with sun shining between clouds. Temperature was also much warmer. Today the reality hit me in the face with hard rain and cold air. However, it doesn't mind when you're moving all the time. It was time to hit it outdoors, running and kettlebells!


Metcon. Not timed
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 400m run
  • 15 kettlebell swings, 32kg
Spring and summer means more running. I left the sled alone, it was time for that yesterday. Today just simply running and kettlebells. Sounds so beautifully simple, yet so exhausting. I didn't time this one but the feeling is I kept a solid pace each round and my running didn't slow down towards the end. Kettlebells went unbroken and I tried to force myself to grab the handle as soon as possible when I arrived at the kb station.

The combination of the two elements rocketed my heart beat sky high. There's a dumpster 200m meters away where I usually run when I have running wods in Klaukkala. I go and tap it, then head back to get a total of 400m per round. Today it was a total of 2.400m and 90 kb swings. My father-in-law was  also running and working with kb's. In the end we also ran a cool down kilometer with him.

It was 6 rounds, not 4 rds as I accidentally wrote on the video...

Running is a weakness of mine, that's how I feel, so that's also the reason I'll try to increase the amount of meters I have in my training. I'm quite used to working with kettlebells even though the pain always comes at some point of the workout. When working out in Klaukkala I usually work with kb's, running, and pull-up bar. Nowadays also sled is part of the elements. It's very refreshing to leave barbells alone even though I already miss them after 2 days =)




No comments:

Post a Comment