Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday 15.3: CF Open 14.3

Saturday. Crossfit Open 14.3, result 133 reps.

It's been a grueling week of training, going for twice a day. That was a tough week I got to say. But I'm addicted to crossfit and love the journey continuously. Today I decided to take it easier and complete only one workout. I decided it better be a good one. What a better way than do the crossfit open workout?



CF Open 14.3. Result 133 reps (3 reps @ 145kg)

  • 8 min amrap of:
  • 10 deads, 60kg
  • 15 box
  • 15 deads, 85kg
  • 15 box
  • 20 deads, 102.5kg
  • 15 box
  • 25 deads, 125kg
  • 15 box
  • 30 deads, 145kg
  • 15 box
  • 35 deads, 165kg
  • 15 box


Thank you Dave Castro for the workout. It was genius. I've done 21-15-9 workouts with deadlifts and box jumps with weights differing between 100 and 130kg. They have always been quick ones and all in effort has been needed from the very beginning.

60kg

60kg


This workout's nature was different because it was after all 8 minutes of work. The weights are light in the beginning but it's a good warm-up and preparation for bigger weights. The number of box jumps remain the same throughout the metcon, 15 reps between deadlift sets.



I decided to break the sets early on not to burn my posterior chain too much. That would not be a smart thing to do if you realized you have nothing in tank and it's only in the middle of the workout. So I dropped the bad already on the second set (80kg) after 10 reps. Box jumps I did unbroken all the way.

85kg

On the 102.5kg deads it was 7+7+6 reps and I started to understand why people have said the bar is going to get heavy. It was surprisingly tough on the 102.5kg lifts. Same reason for breaking the sets. When I do something like Diane or anything else with 21-15-9 and about 100kg I go unbroken because the number of total reps isn't that bad. But in this one it was a totally different thing.

102.5kg

Set of 125kg. Not a heavy weight, right? Well, it felt like it was 140kg at this point of the game. I took 5+5+4+4+4+3 reps to get through it. I was thinking about 5's all the way but on the third attempt I realized it's too ambitious so I had to drop it at 14 reps. I was glad the set was over after pumping up and down for a while.


125kg

After I had changed the plates to 145kg I checked the clock and saw there's about 12 seconds left in the workout. I knew I had to just grab the bar and take couple of additional reps at this weight.

145kg



I'm happy with the way I was able to work on this workout. I would have liked to finish more reps at 145kg. That started to become as heavy as I wanted it to be. It would have been awesome to nail all those heavy lifts just for the fun of it =)

Here's my Open 14.3



2 comments: