Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday 27.3: Clean and jerk, chipper

Thursday. Strength, 3x10 clean & jerk (60kg). Chipper, 10 thrusters (50kg), 20 burpees, 30 t2b, 40 squats, 50 pull-ups. Time 7.36.

Some oly lifting this time. Clean and jerks in a different rep-scheme than normally. Metcon was a chipper, inspired by CF Open 14.4. Got to say that I am done. Gonna eat and sleep now to recover. Juuso hit benchmark workout Christine: 3rds of 500m row, 12 deads (@ bodyweight), 21 box. Tough one, especially on lower body and breathing.



Barbell work.
  • Clean and jerk
  • 3x10 reps, 60kg
These higher rep-scheme sets are bad ass stuff. I wanted to get couple of sets with the classic 60kg barbell. Ended up doing sets of 10 reps. Recovering enough between sets without any time domain. The first set was way easier than the 2 remaining ones. I battled it through unbroken without having to rest the bar at any point. Just bringing it from ground to overhead and back the same route. Breathing got heavy, no doubt about it.

Second set was tougher. My upper body was pumped up after this set. I got it unbroken as well. I completed the first 8 or 9 reps without having to rest the bar at any point. I stopped the bar in the front rack position for 2-3 seconds before nailing the last rep(s). I felt like a little more rest is needed before getting after the last set.

I was determined to get that third set unbroken too. And I got it. Took a short break in the front rack position after 8 reps, then finished it. The bar is moving okay in my opinion, I'm happy about the outcome of this thing. Of course it got tough but the main thing is that the bar was still moving and I was able to reach those goals I had set.




Chipper. Time 7.36
  • 10 thrusters, 50kg
  • 20 burpees
  • 30 toes-to-bar
  • 40 air squats
  • 50 pull-ups
I thought about doing a chipper style workout in the end. Mostly bodyweight but thrusters to begin with. My juice was all gone after the burpees. That was a sign my body was not at its freshest shape. Ten thrusters and 20 burpees shouldn't consume all strength from my body =) I went through the t2b's, first a 10, then 5's. On the pull-ups I also did a 10 in the beginning, then 5's. It was surprisingly tough, I thought I'd push this through without not having to break it so much.

The session was good. Clean & jerks were awesome. Tough, manageable and it felt good. On the chipper I got breathing go heavy even though muscles started to bail on me.



CF Games update show


No comments:

Post a Comment