Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday 4.3: Heavy clean emom, metcon of db snatch and box

Tuesday. Strength, cleans (max 105kg). Workout, emom, for 15min: 1 rep @ 100kg for 5min, 2 reps @ 95kg for 5min, 3 reps @ 90kg for 5min. Metcon, 5rds of: 5/5 db hang power snatch (22.5kg), 10 box. Time 4.14.

This was exactly what I have been waiting for. Very heavy cleans. Singles, doubles and triples, changing the weights every now and then. I find huge pleasure in cleaning the barbell. Especially when squat clean is involved and the weight is at a level where I need to concentrate properly on each lift. I did lots of them today and then some little fun in the end with dumbbell snatches and box jumps.



Strength. Cleans
  • 3x60, 3x70, 2x80, 2x90, 1x100, 1x105kg
My goal was to go as far as possible. Did some hang squat cleans in the end with 60 + 70 + 80kg weights to get properly ready for heavier lifts. Naturally good foam rolling and stretching took place before all of this. At 90kg I started to pull from the floor. Took a double there and then singles at 100 and 105kg. This was the second time ever in my life I took 105kg up from the floor. And it came up nicely. Actually it was better than the 100kg just before. On that lift my form leaned a bit forward but the 105kg was a nice form lift.

I prepared mentally for the 110kg PR attempt, talked myself up but then lost the courage to go under the bar quickly enough. Tried the weight twice but failed to complete it. I had more heavy cleans ahead of me so I was happy with this one and moved on.



Workout.
  • Every minute on the minute for 15min
  • 1 rep @ 100kg, for 5min
  • 2 reps @ 95kg, for 5min
  • 3 reps @ 90kg, for 5min

This was beautiful! And heavy. My 1 rep max is 107.5kg so lifting these weights was challenging all the way. But most importantly, no misses, solid effort for the entire 15 minutes. That's 30 heavy reps. First of all, this was the first time I did 100kg cleans several times. I took it up 1 rep per minute for 5 minutes. Then dropped to 95kg but did a double. This rep-set for another 5 minutes. That 5kg decrease in weight was significant Might sound small drop but I felt it big time.

At this stage my breathing also got heavier. But it wasn't over. After 10 minutes of work I dropped 5more kilos, making it to 90kg. Idea was to complete a triple every minute. Breathing definitely getting higher by the round. But it was a pleasant feeling to realize I got under the bar quicker each time. It felt tough to come up from the hole. Had to growl every time I stood up from the bottom. This was exactly what I was looking for. Heavy cleans and lots of them, loved it!



Metcon. Time 4.14

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5/5 dumbbell hang power snatch, 22.5kg
  • 10 box jumps
Something nice in the end. I was pretty much done after cleans but wanted to complete a short metabolic conditioning workout. Dumbbell snatches from hang position and then box jumps. There was another guy doing 21-15-9 deads and boxes so I had to complete the last 2 rounds of box jumps without the Rogue box. Instead I jumped on a bench that is about 15-20cm lower so those box jumps were easy. I kept going all the time. This was a cool one, no reason to stop at any point.






No comments:

Post a Comment