Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saturday 1.3: Two outdoor metcons

Saturday. AM. Metcon, 15min metcon, 200m run, 20kb swing (32kg), 10k2e. Result 6rds. PM. Metcon, 6rds of: 100m log carry, 14 kb snatch (20kg).

We had plans of hittimg the gyl for heavy back squats and a metcon but then again the weather was beautiful and as Pauliina suggested to go outdoors I was instantly down with that idea. In the morning I did a metcon at backyard and then we drove to Klaukkala where I completed another metcon.


Metcon.
  • 15min amrap of:
  • Run 200m
  • 20 kettlebell swing, 32kg
  • 10 knees-to-elbows


This was fun. Enjoyed working outdoors tremendously, sun was shining, it was bright sky and spring is obviously on its way! Most challenging thing was that my forearms were killing me. I intentionally wrote 20 kb swings at 2 pood weight to put pressure on my grip strength.




I ran back and forth at our backyard for 2x100m, then completed 20 swings and finished a round with 10 knees-to-elbows. As there's no pull-up bar nearby I had to improvise. There's children's swing which goes perfectly as a pull-up bar. It was cool to have running element involved, I gladly take one if there's a possibility for that.



Kettlebell swings were toughest. After 3 rounds it was challenging to go unbroken and I had to decide it mentally that I'm not gonna drop the bell. It was painful from about 12 reps on. But I knew dropping the bell would waste time so I kept going. I'm very happy about being able to unbroken with the kb's.
K2e's were just part of the metcon. Wasn't bad. Just 10 reps so it was supposed to be ub as well. Breathing was heavy as usual. When I was running I tried to shake off the tension in my forearms. It got worse by the round. After the workout I couldn't squeeze my fingers together for a while :)


First round


Metcon.
6rds of:
100m log carry
14 (7/7) kettlebell snatch, 20kg





In-laws had cut a big pine tree in smaller pieces and saved some logs for me to handle a workout. Naturally I wanted to take advantage of that stuff. It's awesome to do any sort of metcons outdoors. I'm ready, no matter the weather. But the weather was still beautiful, sun was about to set.





I took 2 smaller logs and carried them for about 100m, went around a tree at about 50m distance and back. After log carry - which made my heart beat greatly - it was time to dp kb snatches. I didn't carry my own bell with me but luckily my old 20kg bell is nowadays located here at the in-laws. The weight was pretty good for snatches.



It was pretty cool to do the workout while the sun was going to sleep at the same time.





Both workouts were awesome! I updated this post with a load of photos and a video of the first workout of the day.



4 comments:

  1. Result for the first metcon was exactly 6 rounds. Didn't time the afternoon's metcon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toi kirja on hyvä, hurja motivaatio iskee, kun sitä lukee (jos motivaatio esim. kadoksissa). Samoin piti testata viljattomuutta ja melko paljon auttoi palautumiseen, lähinnä varmaan niin, että nukkuminen paranee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joo ehdin ottaa siitä tuntumaa about 30 sivuu eilisen aikana, kyllä jäin vähän kiinni, hyvää matskua tuntuu olevan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I updated the post with photos and video of the first workout. -Don

    ReplyDelete