Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday 30.6: Bar complex

Monday. Complex, emom x 20. Odd min, 1 hang squat clean + 2 front squat. Even min, 1 power clean + 2 jerk (70-80kg)

Today's workout was inspired by crossfit athlete Jeremy Kinnick. Strengthening the entire body by doing clean and jerk type of complex in emom style. Nothing more was needed this time. It was a short training session and I got what I needed.

Toni's brand new Nano 4.0's boom

Barbell. Complex
  • Every minute on the minute, for 20min
  • Odd minutes, 1 hang squat clean + 2 front squat
  • Even minutes, 1 power clean + 2 split jerk
  • 1-4min, 70kg
  • 5-8min, 75kg
  • 9-20min, 80kg

With a 20 minute running clock, perform a set of hang squat clean and front squats on odd minutes and then another combination of power clean and jerks on even minutes. So it was 10 rounds of both complexes. I had not pre-determined the weights but I climbed up as it felt the load was manageable. Started with 70kg, and after having taken 2 sets for both complexes I felt it's good to add weight. Did another 4min with 75kg before jumping to 80kg where I stayed for the rest of the workout.

I'm actually very happy I got to do this to the end with 80kg. Those hang squat cleans started to get challenging towards the end. My max clean from ground is 110kg and max hang clean is 90kg. That's because I tend to do hang cleans from the pocket, some might call it high hang. I took these hang squat cleans from the pocket too. So little by little I had to be faster in pulling myself under the bar.



My hands were slippery in the last 5-6 minutes even though I chalked them up all the time. It just didn't help at all, that was kind of strange. But it didn't bother that much, I used some hook grip to ignore those slippery hands. I'm feeling very comfortable and confident on having weight overhead. Split jerks are coming together and putting 80-90kg weights in the air feels good right now. I've been cleaning and jerking a lot of stuff this month because I wanted to make up the 2 week barbell break I had in the end of May. It's payback time =)





No comments:

Post a Comment