Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday 1.6: Rest day

Sunday. Compulsory rest day.

Mind says let's go, body says no. I told you guys about the extreme pain in my left hip flexor and my worst nightmare came true. The pain is intolerable. I try to avoid doctor for as long as possible but the waking up in the morning to this amount of pain forced to me to get humble and book a time. The leg's inflamed on this specific spot and I need stronger pills that I have at home. I tried to take a cure with some anti-inflammatory drugs but they weren't strong enough.


So the doc said take it easy man for a couple of days, at least for your lower body. It's difficult to walk so no problem, gotta take it easy I guess. I'll try to sneak in some upper body workouts if I figure out what would be suitable. At least yesterday's pull-ups felt good. Definitely strict ones, no kipping allowed in this condition.


It's the last weekend of Regionals, it's been very interesting 4-week time span to look at the best of the best compete against each other in different areas of the world. I'm very glad our own Jonne Koski won the European Regionals 2 weeks ago and is heading to Carson, California to the Crossfit Games in July. He's been working with the one and only Mikko Salo and take into consideration the guy is only 19 years old. Great motor the guy has been able to build up. He's Finland's only representative this year as Games veteran Mikko Aronpää couldn't seal his spot this time in the Asian Regionals.

Here are some cool interviews of "The Dave Castro", 3-time champ Rich Froning and spectacular Josh Bridges.






No comments:

Post a Comment