Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday 30.10: Clean, Squat, Long metcon

Friday. Build up to a heavy triple of hang squat clean (result, 100kg). Then, 6x3 @ 85kg. Back squat 3x3 @ 130kg. Metcon, 2k row, then 10rds of: 7 c2b, 7 hspu, 20 air squat. Time, 24.50.

Had a lot of time to be spent at the gym this Friday. Quality time at its best. It turned up to be a quad and hamstring slaughter. My legs were murdered big time after the session. I took inspiration from some Froning's video clip for the cleans. Then added some back squats, and a long metcon to seal the deal.



Oly.
  • Hang squat clean, build up to a heavy triple (40, 60, 70, 80, 90, 95, 100kg), then:
  • Hang squat clean, 6x3 @ 85kg
My right hamstring is still tense and not feeling normal. That's the reason why I don't want to pull anything heavy from the ground. No deadlifts at all until it's perfect. These were not heavy for pulling to the power position so that was no issues. It felt great to pull from the hang position.

The cleans felt heavy at 95 kilos. The feeling was that I had to hurry to get under the barbell. The loads in cleans are not heavy considering my squats so I've never had to battle to be able to stand up from the hole. But the issue is whether I'm getting under the bar or not. Do I have the balls to drop under, and the required speed to get there.

Watching the 95kg lifts on camera I realized there's a possibility to hit 100kg benchmark for a triple. That felt super. No doubt. Once I get it around my head that I have the speed to get under the load it's possible to go heavier.

After finding a heavy triple it was time to work on the speed at 85 kilos for a bunch of triples. These were good ones, and I focused on keeping my arms straight and bringing the barbell as high as possible to the hips. I played with the video so there are some slow motions too.



Strength.
  • Back squat 3x3 @ 130kg
These felt much heavier than they should. Maybe my legs had already taken that much in the cleans but these had to be battled through. Three sets were all I needed for today. There was a long metcon still waiting to be completed.



Metcon. Time, 24.50
  • 2.000m row, then
  • 10 rounds of:
  • 7 chest-to-bar pull-up
  • 7 handstand push-up
  • 20 air squat
Beforehand I thought both c2b's and hspu's might be nasty in the last rounds but then again the toughest of these three was definitely the squats. Squats on squats on squats. They were sore as hell after the workout. Went unbroken on every movement.

Rowing was done at 7.30, then the 10 rounds were somewhere around 1.40 per round. C2b's were manageable. Not like I would jump right away on the pull-up bar because I didn't wanna drop down at any stage.

Hspu's were the ones I was most confident during the workout. Just knocked them through, no panic with them. Air squats were unbroken too but I had to pace them from the very first round. I realized making them fast would have brought problems. Those were not fast but they were done unbroken with a steady pace. Only in the last round I hurried to finish it faster. Great workout huh huh!




No comments:

Post a Comment