Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Friday 14.8: Dumbbells and Hspu's

Friday. Wod, 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16 of: Hspu, HPC @ 2x25kg dumbbells. Time, 11.15. Accessory strength

Earlier this week it was crossfit-free time as I only played badminton which goes for good conditioning, and had one rest day as well. Thursday was barbell cycling so it was time for a metcon style workout. 


Wod. Time, 11.15
  • 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16 reps of:
  • Handstand push-ups
  • Hang power clean @ 2x25kg dumbbells
This totalled 72 reps of each movements. Hspu's and two dumbbells simultaneously. The combination was beautiful. I went unbroken on the dumbbells which surprised be somewhat. I didn't know beforehand that all the sets would be ub but thought maybe last two rounds might be broken. Especially because of the combination as shoulders get more fatigued due to hspu's.

Handstand push-ups were unbroken for maybe somewhere around 12 reps or 14 reps. Last round had to be broken somehow but I can't remember that so well. Anyway, breathing was heavy, grip stayed strong and shoulders got burned.



Accessory.
  • Cable pull / push
I took another session of accessory movements with this newly acquired  cable of mine. Got to say that even though I am not a fan of bodybuilding type of training I do understand the benefits of hitting some isolation movements on some upper body muscles. To go for these accessory movements after the actual training session I can feel it on the next day with more sore muscles. And I like that




No comments:

Post a Comment