Sunday, August 9, 2020

Monday 3.8: Row, Squat + Badminton

Monday. AM: Wod, 4 rounds of: 25 cal row 8 back squat @ 80kg. PM: Badminton 1h

It was about time to get some crossfit under my belt. Total of 7 days with total rest of pure crossfit stuff is a lot. That has probably happened like never. But for sure I felt tired after all those days so it definitely wasn't a rest week. But something positive happened to me as my left knee that has bothered me for quite some time, started feeling better on towards the end of the week. That enabled me to do some squats today.



Wod.
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 25 cal row
  • 8 back squat @ 80kg
I had a looming headache building up in the beginning of the session but I thought it might go away after I get some body moving. Well, it didn't. Just got worse by the round. After 3 rounds it was quite nasty, especially every time I put the barbell back on the rack and the tension released, it was like a tsunami of blood bursting in to my head and giving a nasty pain. After 4 rounds it was intolerable and had to call it quits.

I felt miserable for some time and had no other option but to go to get a nap. Thank god it was possible. Not a self-evident thing nowadays with 3 little kids. Finally, couple of kids came crawling beside me which was super cute. After I woke up, feeling was like from another planet. I was ready for the rest of the day.



Conditioning.
  • 1 hour of badminton
In the evening I was like a super man already. It's so rare to get a nap in my system that it definitely makes a difference. Evening was pure conditioning as we went for a badminton session for 60 minutes. The level of our skills is growing by the week so it's getting better and better, and you have to work more to get the points. That makes a good sweaty session and equals to a long conditioning piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment