Monday, August 24, 2020

Friday 21.8: FS, Burpee, Pull-ups + Run

Friday. Amrap 15min: front squat @ 60kg, 10 burpee, 12 pull-ups. Result, 7 rounds. Evening: 30min run


My left knee has been bothering me for some time already. It's been a mood killer at times but I'm still hanging on. Today for some miracleous reason it felt great so I was ready to attack some squats. In the evening I went for a jog. That's a rarity.






Amrap 15. Result, 7 rounds
  • 8 front squats @ 60kg
  • 10 burpees
  • 12 pull-ups
The number of reps indicates that this was supposed to be completed unbroken. Those squats were good, and it was super fun to hit some squats for a while. Burpees started to feel uncomfortable during the workout but still manageable. Coming to think about it, pull-ups were similar. There was no particular element in this one that was intolerable. Somehow the overall burden just started to mount up and it sure did become tougher by the round. Great wod though. There's some walking that needs to be done between pull-up station and my squat rack (=Yoke station). Maybe that was the key to consistent pacing as I got some recovery time there.





Run.
  • 30min run
  • Daycare run
During the day I had a running stroller (or whatever it's called) with me and I ran to daycare to pick up Emma in the afternoon. In the evening I went for a recovery run just to get my body moving. No stress over this one. No idea how far I ran, that was not the point in this one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment