Sunday, August 16, 2020

Friday 7.8: C&J, Lunges, T2b, Accessories

Friday. Emom x 12: 2 clean and jerk @ 80kg. Wod, 5 rounds of: 5 c&j @ 60kg, 20 lunges, 12 t2b, 20 lunges. Time, 13.30. Accessories, cable stuff.

It was about time to go lift some weights and drop them to the ground. It turned out to be barbell overhead for barbell work, 13 min metcon and some isolated movements with my newly acquired toy called the Fitness pulley cable.






Barbell.
  • Emom x 12 minutes
  • 2 clean and jerks @ 80kg
There's no doubt there's something freaking awesome to put weight overhead and drop it to the ground. No questions asked. Overhead is definitely not the smoothest movement for me. I believe it mostly relates to the lack of my shoulder mobility which occasionally makes the move feel awkward, and the heavier the weight, the more unnatural it feels. Anyway, today these clean and jerks felt great.






Wod. Time, 13.30
  • 5 clean and jerks @ 60kg
  • 20 lunges
  • 12 toes-to-bar's
  • 20 lunges
I stuck to the same movement pattern once I had it going. Some c&j's to start each round, then heading to t2b's. There's 20 lunge distance between the two stations so this came to my mind that I'd like to burn some legs between those two. Okay, 20 lunges is quite a small number of reps so that didn't directly affect my leg capacity but probably during the course of the workout, it had some sort of effect definitely. Other than that, not much to say. I went unbroken on both movements and was feeling good all the way. This was under control.




Accessories.
  • "Fitness Pulley Cable"
  • Triceps / Lats
I bought this thing called the pulley cable. That means to say I can hang it around my Yoke station or on a pull-up bar. The idea is that I can do some isolating movements on triceps and different style of pulling versions to target upper body. At this point I'm happy to this purchase.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment