Sunday, August 9, 2020

Wednesday 5.8: Kbs, Sled pull + Badminton

Wednesday. AM. Wod, 6 rds of: 25 kbs @ 32kg, 20m sled pull. PM: Badminton 1h

Body was kind of hammered. Somehow all the work put in lately and short rest periods accumulated and it was almost time for a recovery day. However, the weather was perffect and as I watched the park next to our back yard, there was no other option but to grab a kettlebell and do something. I bought a rope for our kids some weeks ago, and realized it fits my sled perfectly. I haven't used that sled practically at all in a long time. Mostly because the diameter is of wrong size. Normal weights do not fit through the upside bar. But I have 10kg plates that do fit, plus it's "handy" to place some dumbbells on board.






Workout.
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 25 kettlebell swings @ 32kg
  • 20m sled pull, standing
So the goal was to do a big set of kb swings each round, then burn forearms a little more with this standing rope climb. I mostly did unbroken sets on the kb, 4-5 rounds. I remember having to drop it at least on the last round at around 17-18 reps. Or maybe "having" is not the right answer. I just dropped. No excuses.

The rope pull seemed like a great movement. I have done that with a longer rope some years ago when I had the Rogue version of the rope. Anyway, good combination of movements. In the evening I had another conditioning piece in the form of badminton with Tuomas.





No comments:

Post a Comment