Sunday, August 23, 2020

Wednesday 19.8: Wb, Row, Deads

Wednesday. Amrap 18 min: 45 wb, 30 cal row, 15 deads @ 100kg. Result, 3rds + 27 wb

We had a work related call with Toni just prior to this one, and at the end of the call I asked him what he's going to hit today. He took this gem from Ben Bergeron I believe. The rx'd version was 120kg or something alike. Deadlift is my strongest lift, no doubt. But I had some issues with my back for weeks in the beginning of this summer and that scared the shit out of me. In that session there were no problems whatsoever but the day after was tough. Then it stayed on for some time. I've been neglecting heavy pulls for sure. However, this sounded cool but still horrible. I fiured why not.




Workout. Result, 3 rounds + 27 wall balls
  • Amrap 18 minutes of:
  • 45 wall ball shots
  • 30 calories row
  • 15 deadlifts @ 100kg
The most obnoxious thing in this workout was probably those wall balls. I have nothing against wb's in general but I do have an issue when you have to throw the ball 45 consecutive times up on the wall. But it's good variation to have huge loads every now and then. Always mixing the rep and time schemes is only smart.

On the first round I was a bit too enthusiastic and went for 30 ub wall balls. Then had to cut the rest in to 8+7 to finish the round. No idea of how fast I went on the concept2 rower. On deadlifts it was 10+5 reps.



It took 4.52 minutes to finish the round. What I changed for the second round was the first set of wall balls. I took 20 reps there, then took another 15 reps and finally 10 reps. Same system on the last full round. Deadlifts were identical every round. Those pulls were super. I had them under control throughout the wod and I had zero issues with the movement or my back. Couldn't even feel it on my back the next day. That was strong feeling.

Second round took me 5.41 and third round 6.09. After full 3 rounds were completed I still had time for some wall balls. At this time Clock stood at 16.42. I got a total of 27 reps on thos wb throws on the 4th round. That made it to 162 total reps on the workout. That sounds like a lot.






No comments:

Post a Comment