Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Monday 10.8 - Thursday 13.8: Badminton and Crossfit

Monday: Badminton
Tuesday: Rest day
Wednesday: Badminton
Thursday. Power cleans up to 3x95kg. Wod, 5rds of: 15 push press @ 40kg. 15 t2b

On the early week we had two different badminton sessions with Tuomas, great conditioning pieces. One rest day on Tuesday. On Thursday Tuomas came to my place to move some barbell. We went for power cleans and metcon.




Barbell cycling.
  • 10 x 60kg
  • 10 x 70kg
  • 5 x 80kg
  • 5 x 85kg
  • 3 x 90kg
  • 3 x 95kg
No plan whatsoever. To this entire session. Didn't have my brain with me prior to this one. But when we got our hands on the barbell, things started to get clearer. I built the weights up by feeling. First some brabell cycling with lighter loads, then cut the reps and added the kilos on the barbell. After the workout I realized those 3x95kg lifts are rather heavy to me as my PR on power clean is probably 105kg if I recall it correctly.

I lifted the first couple of sets as touch'n'go style, and then maybe from 85kg on it was all singles. Lift, drop and lift again. This was a great lifting session actually.





Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 15 push press @ 40kg
  • 15 toes-to-bar's
Just something quick to get some heart rate up. Nothing serious. Didn't time this one at all. Just focused on going unbroken on presses, and aimed to do big sets on t2b's. Got them unbroken for couple of rounds, then in the end I had to struggle with those, and had to break them to something like 10 on the first try and then some doubles and triples to finish the core burn, The combination of these movements was actually quite ugly. Light barbell so that you have to smash it ub and then not a huge number of t2b's so you try to go all the way on those.





No comments:

Post a Comment