Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Saturday 15.8: Hero wod Nate, Run, Row

Saturday. Hero wod Nate (on pull-up bar). Result, 15 rds + 2 bar mu. Wod, for 3rds of: 5min row, 5min row.

This was purely awesome! This has been knocking on the back of my head for some time. I do have Rogue rings but there is no place where to hang them as high as I'd need them for ring muscle-ups. So my muscle-ups have to be completed on pull-up bar. Today's focus was thus on Nate on bar. In the evening we got a chance to hit the city with my wife as the in-laws came to our house to babysit the next generation.





Hero wod Nate. Result, 15 rounds + 2 bar muscle-ups. Compare to 12.4.2015
  • Amrap 20 minutes of:
  • 2 bar muscle-ups
  • 4 handstand push-ups
  • 8 kettlebell swings @ 32kg
It was a challenge to simulate this in my head. Wouldn't know how those bar mu's would go like. It's been a while since doing them. My lats have become stronger I believe, and I've done quite a lot of pulling on the bar in different forms. So I was confident those might roll nicely. And they did. I was able to hold on to the same pace throughout the workout.

There is some walking between the stations. I mean hspu's and pull-up bar. Don't know but maybe that might have been good and not a time-consumer. That walk gave me time to recover and get ready for hspu's and muscle-ups. Strategy was to hit those mu's as doubles of course, then walk to the hspu wall and complete those hspu's right away. Kettlebell was there couple of meters away from hspu station. I grabbed the bell immediately. After swings the walk back to the pull-up bar is about 10 meters so that was my recovery time. Each round was between 1.15 - 1.22. That pleased me a lot.

One kind of remarkable thing was that I was able to complete a total of 34 bar muscle-ups during the session without ripping my hands. Completed one extra round after the workout. This was a Personal Record for me. 




Conditioning.
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 5 min row
  • 5 min run
I took myself together and decided to do another workout. Mostly just easy pace running and rowing, conditioning piece to get the juice flowing in my body. I have no idea of the pace on neither running or rowing. Only focus was to complete these 5min sets with a running clock.





No comments:

Post a Comment