Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday 24.5: Row, du, pistols

Friday. 30sec on, 30sec off for 20min, rowing. Distance, 3.410m. Metcon, 6 rnft: 20 ub du, 10 pistols.

Friday's agenda was to keep it on cardio. Classic interval rowing to begin with and then other skills to add up: double unders and pistol squats as a metcon for quality. Haven't done many pure sit-ups this month so I took some of them as cashout training.


Rowing. Distance 3.410 meters.
  • 30sec on, 30sec off for 20 minutes
  • Rowing
Done this workout for a few times, sometimes rowing, sometimes cycling with stationary bike. It's a good way to get the heart pumping and blood running in your veins. The same thing happens every time, my butt gets numb after some time =) Got to stand up occasionally to loosen the tension back there. My pace on the rowing was constantly between 1.35 - 1.39 throughout the workout. Mostly I saw the numbers 1.38 on the digital screen.

Metcon. Double unders and pistol squats, skills training.
  • 6 rounds not for time:
  • 20 unbroken double unders
  • 10 pistols, alternating legs
 Thought about whether to do it for time or for quality. Decided to leave the clock alone because I'm not the fastest person with pistols. I wanted to get a certain number of reps so I decided to do this one for quality and minimum rest.

I did all but the last set of double unders unbroken so I had to redo only the last set. The pistols, what a movement. Very rarely have I done those. On benchmark workout Mary, it's a compulsory movement. Other than that, it's been a random movement in my training. Today I got 60 of them. I'm very happy about the way I'm able to do those nowadays. That's definitely a movement where you can see the development of mobility in your body. I was very far away from completing a pistol squat a.k.a. one-legged squat a year ago when I started my crossfit training. It was just too difficult to go down and not  fall over. I've seen that improvement in so many movements this far and hopefully will see in the future as well.

Cashout. Some abs in the end.
  • 3 x 50 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment