Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday 21.5: Step-ups, HSPU's

Tuesday. Metcon: 5 rounds of 10 step-ups (100kg) and 5 HSPU. For quality.

This day was scheduled for pure leg pain. After work I walked the stairs down to the gym and opened my training bag, only to see I was missing my training shorts. Doup! I was there with Pauliina so this caused some problems to schedule. I left her to workout and drove home to get my gear. No prob, I was quickly back at the Box. However, I had to skip my heavy back squat sets and thus completed only the metcon that I wanted to do after the squats; heavy step-ups and handstand push-ups.



Metcon. For quality
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 step-ups, 100kg (5 left, 5 right)
  • 5 handstand push-ups
Couplet of step-ups and hspu's. I intentionally wanted the leg-work to be tough. I put 100kg on the barbell, took it on my back and started moving. That was exactly as heavy as I hoped it would be. I did 5 reps with left and 5 reps with right leg. Hope this compensated the missed back squats.

On the HSPU's I had one goal. Go unbroken on the strict handstand push-ups. For the first 3 sets I got them. On 4th one I got 4 reps and had to kip the 5th one. On the last set I kipped the last 3 ones. Combination of these two movement surprised me that it focused so much burden on the shoulders. Right after step-ups it was hard to start the inverted movement. The combo and amount of reps was perfect!



Toni's workouts.
  • Back squat 3-3-3-3-3 (90, 100, 110, 115, 120kg).

Metcon. Time 8.50
  • 20-16-12-8-4, kettlebell swing, 20kg
  • 10-8-6-4-2, snatch, 40kg
Pony completed the triple back squats up to 120kg. He hasn't gone this far in a while so it was a job well done! On the metcon he alternated the two movements: kb swings and barbell snatches, with decreasing amount of reps on both of them. Total of 60 kb swings and 30 snatches.


1 comment: