Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday 28.5: OHS, Deadlift / Box metcon

Tuesday. Overhead squats 3-3-3-3-3 (50kg). Metcon. 21-15-9, deadlift (100kg), box jumps. Time 3.45.

I feel the Hammer and muscle-ups in my body today =) Especially those pull-ups made my lats a bit tight today. Other than that I feel ok. Wanted to do some overhead squats and the metcon that was in the Regionals as Event 5. However, I scaled the weights clearly.

Strength. Overhead squats 5x3 (50kg each set). This felt good. No problems with the squats at all. I was thinking about the weights beforehand and decided on 50kg each set. As I was doing the sets I wondered whether to add kilos on the bar but stuck to the plan anyway. Maybe could have added stakes a bit. This was about 77% of max load.



Metcon. Time 3.45

  • 21-15-9
  • Deadlift, 100kg
  • Box jumps

I saw this workout at this year's Regionals for the first time and got the inspiration right away to include it in my training soon. That day is today. I scaled the weights down. Originally this was supposed to be done 150kg rx'd. I would have been able to do that as well at some time frame but it would have been insane. I was thinking more between 100 and 120kg, and decided to make it lighter because I wanted to go fast from beginning to end.

I managed to do the deadlifts unbroken each round. I almost dropped the bar in the set of 15's but thought twice and pushed through. It was a strange feeling to start box jumping right after deadlifts. Somehow the body is still stretched from pulling the barbell and it simply feels weird to jump after that. Anyway, I went through the box jumps steadily, without any breaks, with slowing pace towards the end.

Clock stopped at 3.45. I liked this one. After workout my breathing was heavy and the biggest effect was on my legs, they were burning in the box jumps. I'm happy I did the lifts with 100kg instead of 120kg. This time it was perfect weight for me. I needed the feeling of rattling through a workout without breaks. The only breaks were the transition from box jumps to deadlifts. Had to take a breath or two before grabbing the barbell. That's were I could have been faster. On the other hand, I wanted to do those lifts unbroken so I guess that quick breath was needed.

Toni's workout. Time 6.27

  • 21-15-9
  • Deadlift, 100kg
  • Burpees

Toni did similar type of workout. He changed the box jumps to burpees. On the first round Toni did the lifts in sets of 10, 6 and 5. On the second round he did 3x5 and finally the last of 9's in 6 and 3 reps. Time was 6.27.


No comments:

Post a Comment