Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday 13.5: Metcon

Monday. Metcon. 50 pull-ups, 50 box jumps, 10 thrusters, 50 knees-to-elbows, 50 push-ups, 10 squat cleans. Time 14.42

Workout of the day was some bodyweight movements spiced with  two strength movements with moderate weights. The programming was different in nature as there were a lot of repetitions per movement in a row. My heart was about to burst at points. We went to the gym in the afternoon with Pauliina. I had planned to do the workout in the morning but decided to sleep in a bit more for once.

Metcon. Time 14.42

  • 50 pull-ups
  • 50 box jumps, 61cm
  • 10 thrusters, 60kg
  • 50 knees-to-elbows
  • 50 push-ups
  • 10 squat cleans, 60kg

The amount of repetitions was challenging, 50 reps in a row needs some planning beforehand. I didn't want to gas out in the early stages of the workout so I figured how to carry through this workout. The pull-ups went in about 2 minutes, same as last time I did 50 reps for time as cashout. The box jumps weren't any easier. I check the clock after having done all of them, it was around 4.30. I did 20 reps unbroken, then a short break at the top of the box, then 10's after that, always resting on the top.

I had no desire to do any thrusters but that was on the workout so I had no possibility but to grab the barbell and start moving. I did them 6 first and 4 on the second try. My plan with the K2E's was to do tens all the way. I was able to do it to about 30 reps, then I had to break it. Don't know how it went, I guess 5's in the end. Those push-ups were disastrous. Definitely a goat for me! I thought going 5x10 would be okay for me but that proved to be far away from the truth. At this stage of the workout my hands were not in full power anymore so the first set of 10 reps was the only one I got unbroken, then I had to start dividing it to pieces. The last 20 reps I completed in sets of 4 reps.

My heart was pumping vigorously and I talked to myself that this is the last movement, just go and do it. I did 6 reps, dropped the bar and took it up again for the remaining 4 reps to finish at 14.42. It took some minutes to get stabilized. It was very tough on my body. Don't even know what was the most difficult part of it. Maybe the start was so rough with pull-ups and box jumps that my upper body felt the burden from then on and my heart was on test from the early steps on.

Cashout.

  • 3 x 15 ab wheel

After a long rest period I did some abdominals, 3 sets of 15 ab wheel repetitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment